Good Evening crafters,
This is a super quick and simple tutorial for a crochet festive wreath. The one I have just made is about 15x15cm and took about an hour for me to do.
1. Get a polystyrene ring of what ever size you would like your wreath (they can be found really cheap in almost all craft stores).
2. Slip stitch onto the wreath, and continue to slip stich around it until it is completely covered. When you reach the first slip stitch, then join with another slip stitch.
3. Go around the wreath doing a single crochet into each slip stitch, when you reach the start, join with a slip stitch.
4. Then start the scallops in the row you have just created, do a slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet, triple crochet, double crochet, single crochet, and slip stitch. Do this for each scallop. I tend to carry on with this until I get close to the end, and then if I need to do a couple of stitches into the same stitch to make it fit I do. (It doesn’t tend to matter, as you can fan them out as needed).
5. Once you’ve gone the whole way around, slip stitch through the middle and then start a chain to hang it from. Then simply slip stitch through again and sew in your ends.
6. Get a yarn needle and a contrasting yarn and weave through. I tend to go though every gap in between the scallops and every triple crochet. When you’ve gone the whole way around, simply tie a bow! and voilà!
I hope you enjoy making this as much as I did!
Happy Crafting x